www.wp-a2z.org is a WordPress Multisite implementation which contains a Dynamic API Reference for WordPress core. It contains multiple sites, with copies of the Dynamic API Reference in every site other than the main one.
- The main site contains hardly anything, it’s there to let you know about all the other sites.
- The second site core.wp-a2z.org contains the API reference for the WordPress core.
- The third site was cloned from the second site using the Multisite cloner plugin.
This plugin creates an almost exact copy of the site that’s being cloned; it’s created from scratch.
- This third site ( wordpress.wp-a2z.org ) was then updated to contain not only the API reference for WordPress core but also the default plugins and themes.
- All other sites were initially cloned (as a complete site) from core.wp-a2z.org. Then updated to contain the API reference for a selected set of plugins and/or themes
When WordPress is updated we need to update all the sites to reflect the underlying API changes.
The current implementation means we have to run oik-batch against every subdomain. Since two passes are required, this can take quite a long time.
Use oik-batch to update the main site, and for oik-clone to propagate the updates to the other sites.
This solution has yet to be implemented. It not only requires oik-clone to be able to automatically propagate changes but it also requires a change to the parser logic to strip the domain from the links in the parsed source.