The oik-fields plugin provides APIs for displaying and accepting input for 11 different field types:
Fields meta box
Fields are displayed in forms. In response to the
add_meta_boxes action, the “Fields” meta box is defined for each object type associated to one or more fields.
- bw_effort_box() – Create fields in the meta box to accept data for the fields
- bw_effort_meta_boxes() – Create "Fields" meta box for each field associated with each object type in the mapping
When the CPT is saved then the Fields meta data is saved in response to the
- bw_effort_save_postdata() – Save the custom fields for this post when called for the ‘save_post’ action
Fields are displayed ( themed ) using APIs which are dynamically created from the field name, and field type.
Form created by [bw_new]
Forms for inputting fields on the front-end can also be created automatically.
Fields are displayed for input in forms using APIs which are created from the field name and field type and/or as defined by the extending plugin.
- bw_form_field() – Display a field in a form for the user to enter/choose a value
- bw_new() – Implement [bw_new] shortcode to allow the creation of a new post through a simple form
Fields should also be displayable as custom columns on admin pages, formatted for inclusion in emails and other output types which may or may not be enhanced with styling and/or jQuery.